ACTIVE | How To Start Running
Being someone that works long hours from a computer, usually 6-7 days a week, I have found it very hard since starting KV Bijou to incorporate regular exercise in my life! I'm sure many of you can relate to that. With all the things that have to be done around the house or with work, it's usually me that comes last. And recently I decided that's enough! There's never actually time and to be honest, with my lifestyle, there probably won't ever be-- unless I make time. So I did.
I've personally started by setting a goal of running 3-4 times a week. How long and far is up to you and where you're starting from. Below are my personal tips for how to start exactly where you are and get moving into a regular routine. I'm sharing these to hold myself accountable to these and I want to hear how you ladies make your fitness a priority? I'd love to hear!
^^ this beach trail was covered in shells!
[ DO: ]
- Buy running clothes that are comfortable, dry fit, and high quality. Yup you'll want to wear them. You'll need to run.
- Just start- Even 15 minutes is a start.
- Set a goal for yourself - I find setting a goal for time or distance helps me when I want to quit mid run and it's a great way to track your progress.
- Go run somewhere beautiful - need motivation? Get outside somewhere where you'll be distracted by beauty.
- Remember how good you feel when you're done
- Bring your running shoes when you travel - the great thing about running is it can be done anywhere
- Look back to see how far you've come
[ DONT: ]
- Don't compare yourself - this includes your body, your progress, your time or distance. Hard I know. Focus on your goals and health.
- Don't be so hard on yourself! Celebrate every run, every step, every bit of progress.
I've currently set a weekly goal for both the number of times I run and how many miles I clock per week. So far this is keeping me on track during busy weeks when I realize I have to make time even when I'm tired and squeeze in a few miles!
What's your fitness plan for the summer? Let me know below!