JOURNAL | My Highlights of 2017
Happy 2018 friends! I CANNOT believe how quickly time is moving by. As I was going through my photos to put together a recap of this year, it really hit me how many challenges this year held. I know social media tends to give the impression that everyone's living a better life than you (or they actually are,) but in reality, everyone has stuff they are dealing with and moving through. That's living, right? Thankfully with some of the challenges came new hope, adventure, friends, opportunities, joy and some incredible moments. Sometimes the hardest decisions lead to the best destinations or possibilities and this is what 2017 knocked over our heads! ha!
2 0 1 7 H I G H L I G H T S
- Master Bedroom Update (click to read) - this was such a fun project to kick off the new year with a bedroom refresh. We've since sold this home, but I'll always love that bedroom!
- A Girls Trip to the Sunshine Coast - My friend Alicia and I packed up our work and headed on a spontaneous trip to her family's cabin on the Sunshine Coast for a few nights. We ate vegan burritos, worked, drank wine, watched depressing documentaries about GMO's and were pretty darn proud of ourselves for managing the wood fire ourselves.
- Anaheim & Palm Springs Trip (click to read)
- We suddenly sold our house...without being listed?! (click to read) - This surprised even us! We sold our home of nine years in May without any idea what our next move would be and only a few short weeks to get out of our home. Life has been a whirlwind since!
- We moved into a rental (still there!)
- It was our son Zachary's 5th anniversary
- We purchased our lakefront property (click to read) - This was by far the biggest highlight of our year. It's always been a dream of ours to have a little acreage and to find it on the water is a dream come true. The day that we signed the papers we went for a little dip in the lake! Now we've begun the adventure of building our lakehouse.
- My Birthday Surprise - some of my favourites completely surprised me in Vancouver for my birthday and made me feel so loved.
- Pender Island Trip with Toyota Canada - we enjoyed a Canada Day excursion exploring Pender Island, one of the gulf islands we hadn't visited before.
- Terry's Bday Surprise - After Terry pulled a fast one on me for my birthday in June, I knew I better step up my game. I decided to surprise him with a whirlwind 24hr staycation at Rowena's. He had no idea where we were headed and it was so fun! I had a good friend surprise him and show up at Sandpiper for a round of golf, and we went on a boat trip around Harrison Lake.
- We celebrated 10 years of marriage!
- We said goodbye to my Jetta of 11 years
Thank you to each and every one of you who continues to build this community alongside me. I am so grateful and honored to share life together! I know that 2018 is going to be an exciting year and I can't wait to see it unfold. What are some of your highlights from this past year? What would you like to see more of on the blog in 2018? Comment below! Cheers to 2018!
Read more: Highlights of 2016 || Subscribe & never miss a post