JOURNAL | Highlights of 2016
2 0 1 6 H I G H L I G H T S
- Shoppers Drug Mart: Beauty Boutique - the year started out with an exciting expansion into select Beauty Boutiques of Canadian mega store, SDM. They carry luxury brands and I can't tell you how incredible it was to see our jewelry filling cases and reaching new clientele. This was one of the biggest challenges and achievements KV Bijou has reached yet. It also brought the opportunity to do some events where we were able to meet clients who love our jewelry, face-to-face.
- Ellements Magazine Feature
- Belize Trip - for 3 weeks in Feb 2016 we explored the country of Belize. This was a trip of a lifetime and there were so many amazing memories made. From snorkelling with stingrays and sharks, to a jungle jewelry photo shoot, to hammock lounging with my love. This was a trip I'll never forget.
- Hitting 50k on Instagram - this is my favourite place to share life as I see it. I'm so grateful for how we've grown this year and I'm excited to bring more inspiring content in 2017. Thank you for joining my journey!
- Spring Whistler Trip - in April, we took a trip to Whistler with friends to celebrate Des' 30th. We enjoyed a personal ski lesson, peak 2 peak, dinner at Bearfoot bistro and much more.
- A quick trip to Salt Spring Island for Zach's 4th
- A private room in the maternity ward at BC Womens - I'll save the explanation on this one for a later date, but say this- it is something for 4 years I've rallied and hoped for. We found out right before Zach's 4th and it meant the world to us. More on that later..
- Ucluelet Trip with family - if you've read my blog for a while, you know I love Vancouver Island and Ucluelet is a fave place to frequent. I visited for a storm watching trip in 2015 and was really excited to return in the summer of 2016 with my sister, her 2 kiddos and my husband Terry. It was a really incredible trip to see my niece and nephew enjoy the aquarium, take a run on the Wild Pacific Trail with my sister and a boat adventure with Wild Rock Adventures. There is so much beauty that I never get enough of the island.
- Lake Sheridan - years ago we discovered a cute log cabin that we like to rent and this has become a really special place for us to recharge. It's rustic.... (i.e. no cable or wifi) but it has the basics (like a kitchen & bed) so it's kind of impossible not to slow down the hum of life. I always leave feeling refreshed and in awe of how good it feels to return to simplicity.
- Celebrating 9 years of marriage
- A Whistler getaway before Christmas
I want to personally thank every single one of you who follows on social media, comments on posts, loves our jewelry and offers your love and support towards this journey. I am humbled and grateful for your support and encouragement. Chasing my dream wouldn't be possible without your part in it. THANK YOU!
Here's to more adventures and joy in the year ahead!